Brand Ambassador Terms and Conditions
This agreement is designed with you in mind, as well as to protect MachineCompare.com and our customers.
Brand Ambassador Registration
To register as a Brand Ambassador you must have an active MachineCompare.com account. We review and moderate all Brand Ambassador registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. If you’re approved, welcome aboard! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote MachineCompare.com via referral links. Check out your private Brand Ambassador Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more!
Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a sweet 20% commission when a customer purchases a new MachineCompare.com subscription using your referral link.
We pay out Brand Ambassador commissions in GBP via Bank Transfer in the first week of every month.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
The details in summary:
- You’ll receive 20% commission for every new sale you refer
- Referrals are paid out via Bank Transfer
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase or MachineCompare.com subscription, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject Brand Ambassador commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Brand Ambassador Agreement.
Brand Ambassador news and updates
By becoming a Brand Ambassador you agree to receive emails from MachineCompare.com. These emails will be sent to Brand Ambassadors only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the MachineCompare.com Brand Ambassador program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote MachineCompare.com. As a Brand Ambassador you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Brand Ambassador application rejection
We reserve the right to reject Brand Ambassador applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for Brand Ambassador application rejection. Brand Ambassador applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become a Brand Ambassador we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote MachineCompare.com and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become a Brand Ambassador and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
MachineCompare.com Brand Ambassador Program Policies
Allowed and super cool promotional methods
How you promote MachineCompare.com is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to MachineCompare.com and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of Brand Ambassadors blog about Brand Ambassador marketing and mention MachineCompare.com.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about MachineCompare.com, and give them your Brand Ambassador referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about Brand Ambassador marketing or MachineCompare.com and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your Brand Ambassador referral link, post about us on Facebook with your Brand Ambassador link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about Brand Ambassador marketing with your Brand Ambassador link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited and super uncool promotional methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want Brand Ambassadors who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- MachineCompare.com may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for MachineCompare.com, so this method adds no value to MachineCompare.com.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote MachineCompare.com. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your Brand Ambassador account being deactivated. See above for allowed and super cool promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with MachineCompare.com
Brand Ambassador aren’t employees of MachineCompare.com and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be MachineCompare.com is 1000% prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official MachineCompare.com site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by MachineCompare.com is prohibited (and super uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
(And yeah, we know 1000% isn’t an actual number. You get what we mean!)
Consequences of not-cool promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your Brand Ambassador account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as a Brand Ambassador!
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as a Brand Ambassador in our Brand Ambassador program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The Brand Ambassador relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as a Brand Ambassador you are not an employee of MachineCompare.com. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against MachineCompare.com. These Brand Ambassador terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Phew! Sound good? Great! Thanks for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We can’t wait to have you on board!